Key focus areas include:
- Provision of education and training for rating valuers
- Liaison with state government agencies on rating
and valuation matters
- Advice to local and state government in relation
to legislative amendments and policy issues
- Advocacy on behalf of rating valuers and rating authorities
- Collection and dissemination of market information in relation to specialist and high value property types
- Preparation of technical guidance papers
MGV has a membership of over 200. Historically our membership was made up predominantly of valuers working for Councils however in recent years, with the increase in outsourcing of rating valuation services, an increasing proportion of our members are employed by private sector valuation firms.
The Group is managed by an elected executive group and all positions are honorary.
Municipal Group of Valuers proudly sponsored by
MGV Emerging Leader Award proudly sponsored by
The Municipal Group of Valuers is a proud discussion group of the API